Public Relations Work
Alexandra de Blas provides communications strategy and public relations support to organisations committed to social and environmental sustainability.
Alexandra partnered with bankmecu for two years promoting their work in sustainability, financial and social responsibility, the bank then invited her to establish bankmecuTV. Here is a sample of the work she produced working as a sole operator (interview/camera/editing) since April 2011. There are three key styles
Partnerships and news
Long form interviews
CareWest is a not-for-profit community services organisation head quartered in Orange and servicing the community west of the Great Divide. It supports individuals, families and the commuity to be healthy independent and strong. It covers five key areas aged, disability, carers, children and families, and people of Aboriginal nations
mecu’s award winning Conservation Landbank in Victoria’s west Wimmera is a world first. It protects critical habitat for the endangered Red-tailed Black-cockatoo and offsets the organisations carbon.
Bush Heritage Australia
Bush Heritage is a national not-for-profit organisation that protects Australia’s unique plants and animals and their habitats. It does this by acquiring and managing land of outstanding conservation value, or by working in partnership with other landowners. Its vision for 2025 is to protect 1 per cent of Australia.
A community service announcement shot at Yourka Reserve a remarkable wildlife sanctuary in far north Queensland protected by Bush Heritage Australia.
A profile of Yourka Reserve a magnificent wildlife sanctuary on the edge of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area. It protects a host of species including the Red Goshawk Australia’s most threatened bird of prey.
Communications strategy and corporate writing
de Blas and SaeCreative collaborated to produce a Communications and Marketing Strategy for CareWest which was implemented in 2011.
Alexandra de Blas was a member of the steering committee that developed the first edition of The Difference published in March 2011. Managed media for the publication and wrote the articles on page 5 and 6 of the magazine.
Bush Heritage AustraliaLaunch of Bush Heritage Australia brand and Scottsdale Reserve in NSW. Alexandra and Bush Heritage CEO Doug Humann
Alexandra was the Communications Strategist and a senior manager at Bush Heritage Australia from 2005–08. She was responsible for:
- Rebranding the organisation,
- Increasing media exposure by more than 500%.
- Running property launches in NSW, WA and SA including remote outback locations
- Creating video promotional material including case studies and CSAs
- This work achieved quality media coverage including:
- National and international print features : front page of the Sydney Morning Herald, six page cover story in The Good weekend, The Australian and The Guardian newspapers
- National and international TV features on: ABC 7.30 Report, NBC USA Nightly News, CNN International Eco Solutions and Reuters international
- National and local TV News on: ABC, Win, GWN and SBS
- National and local features on ABC and commercial radio.